Complaint and dispute resolutions

Complaints Process

All financial service providers and their staff and or representatives are required to have a written in-house complaint and dispute resolution service, our procedure which is set out below.

You do not have to use our complaints and resolution procedure. You may make a complaint directly to our third party Disputes Resolution at any time. You can make a complaint to the Financial Disputes Resolution Service (FDRS) even if you choose to use our procedures.

In-house Complaints and Dispute Resolution Procedures.

Our complaints and dispute resolution procedures are designed to provide a simple and personalised process for resolving any complaint you may have.


Call us and speak to our complaints manager on 021 02712712, Explain whom you are complaining about, and what your concerns are. You can then let us know how you would like to proceed in regards to your complaint.


We may ask you to put your complaint in writing so that we can investigate it. Please use the Lodge a complaint button on our website. We will need time to talk to the team members involved. Please note your complaint may need to be disclosed to other relevant people to best assist in resolving your complaint. We promise to come back to you within 10 working days with a response to your complaint. Should we consider that the complaint will take longer to resolve than 10 working days we will advise you of the expected time frame. As part of that response, we might ask you to meet with members of our team to discuss the complaint and attempt to reach a resolution.


If we are unable to come to an agreed resolution, we will provide you with a written proposal to resolve your complaint, or we may appoint a mediator to resolve the situation.


If you do not accept our proposal, please try and advise us in writing within five working days. You can, of course, suggest another way of resolving your complaint.


If we accept your preferred resolution, we will attempt to implement that resolution as soon as possible. If we decline your preferred resolution, we may invite you to mediate the dispute.


If we agree to mediate the complaint but don’t settle the complaint at mediation, or we do not agree to mediate the dispute, then that will be the end of our process.


You can still make a complaint to our third party disputes resolution service in the first instance and, even if you use these procedures above, you can still make a complaint to our third party disputes resolution service at any time.

Financial Disputes Resolution Service (FDRS)

PO Box 2272
Wellington 6140
New Zealand
Phone 0508 337 337